To Our Valued Patients,
Life has been anything but normal this spring and we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to inform you that we are now able to once again provide dental care for you [and your family]. The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March. While many things have changed since then, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and in order to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols. When we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different.
We have also changed our appointment procedures and taken other precautionary measures to provide a safe dental treatment appointment, which we will explain below.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- You may be asked to wait outside the office or inside your car until we are ready to see you.
- You will be asked to wear a personal face shield or mask. A disposable mask will be provided if you don’t have your own.
UPON YOUR ARRIVAL TO THE OFFICE:
- Patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons upon entering the practice. You will also be asked to review and sign a patient treatment consent form.
- Temperature and Blood Oxygen checks will be taken upon entering the practice.
- Patients showing signs or symptoms of illness, or exposure to COVID-19, will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- Disposable face masks and hand sanitizer will be provided upon entrance that patients will be asked to use.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed into the office other than patients requiring care from a guardian or caregiver.
- The number of patients at any given time in the practice will be limited and appointments will be staggered.
- Waiting area chairs will be spaced to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
- We ask that patients continue to practice social distancing measures in the office at all times.
- There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment.
- You will find hand sanitizer at our entrance and throughout the office.
- Plexiglass screens have been installed at reception counters to protect patients and staff.
- Magazines, children’s toys, and other items that are difficult to disinfect will be removed from the waiting area.
- Common areas including restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Air purifiers have been added to rooms with higher levels of aerosol due to equipment use.
- Some treatment will be carried out differently. For example our hygienists will manually scale your teeth, and aerosols procedures like cavitron and polishing will be limited.
- We have added a wall between some areas to provide better separation.
YOUR TREATMENT AND CARE:
- All staff will be screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- Staff temperatures and blood oxygen will be taken daily upon entering the practice.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided for all clinical and administrative staff including masks, face shields, gowns, gloves, and other protective equipment as required.
- Treatment rooms will be completely sterilized before patients are seated – extra time will be scheduled in-between appointments to allow for the thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
- During treatment, our team will strictly follow guidelines set by the Ministry of Health.
CHECKING OUT AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Credit card / payment processing terminals will be wiped and sanitized after each use.
Rest assured, all these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients and our team.
We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any questions, please let us know. To make an appointment, call our office or email us.
Thank you for patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back!